Let's rename the Ingleside Community Park!
Published on 27 July 2018
The Township of South Stormont is currently accepting submissions for the commemorative naming of the park currently referred to as the "Ingleside Community Park".
To nominate an individual or event of significance, please fill out the Commemorative Naming Application Form below and submit it by email to email@example.com. You can also drop off the completed application form at Town Hall (2, Mille Roches Road, Long Sault).
Deadline for submissions: August 24, 2018
The Township of South Stormont seeks to ensure consistency and fairness in naming of corporate assets, utilizing key criteria to determine the appropriateness of each proposed commemorative name. Furthermore, the Township encourages public involvement encouraging a community oriented approach to naming corporate assets.
Where the naming of any municipal asset including parks, open spaces, facilities, municipal buildings, or parts of municipal buildings or properties is being requested for the purpose of recognizing individuals, at least one of the following criteria shall apply:
- The nominated individual shall have demonstrated excellence, courage, or exceptional service to the citizens of the Township of South Stormont, the Province of Ontario and/or Canada;
- The nominated individual shall have an extraordinary community service record;
- The nominated individual shall have worked hard to foster equality and reduce discrimination;
The nominated individual shall have risked or given his/her life to save or protect others;
- Where the nominated individual is a current Township employee, the individual shall have made an outstanding contribution to the Township of South Stormont outside of his/her capacity and duties as a Township employee or they may be recognized for their exceptional service once they are no longer an employee;
- An individual may be recognized for a significant financial contribution to a park of facility. In instances where financial contributions are tied to a financial sponsorship agreement such agreement conditions shall prevail; and
- The nominated name has historical significance.
If you have any questions please contact the Clerk's department at 613-534-8889 ext. 201.