New and Ongoing Development
For more information regarding any of the new and ongoing developments in the Township, please contact:
(613) 534-8889 ext 217
Zoning By-law Amendment Z-2018-14 (Winters)
Rezone land beside 14355A Hunter’s Road to prohibit future residential uses as a condition of severance application No. B-61-18.
Zoning By-law Amendment Z-2018-15 (Bray)
Rezone land at 17460 Cameron Road as a condition of severance to separate residential and industrial uses on the property.
Zoning By-law Amendment Z-2018-12 (Gaucher)
Special exception to allow for the establishment of a "contractor's shop or yard" on Part of Lot 12, Concession 9. Located on the corner of Willy Allan Road and Highway 138.
Zoning By-law Amendment Z-2018-13 (Kruders)
Amendment to rezone three parcels from Open Space "OS" to Residential Single Services - First "RSS1", to allow for residential development. Located on the corner of Vin Vista Drive and County Road 2.
Housekeeping Zoning Update IV (File Z-2018-11)
August 15, 2018 6:00 PM
South Stormont Town Hall, 2 Mille Roches Road, Long Sault
The Township is undertaking a housekeeping update of Zoning By-Law 2011-100 and is looking for public input on the proposed changes which include, but are not limited to:
- Introducing use definitions and zoning provisions for cannabis-related development such as production and processing facilities;
- New provisions and standards to facilitate the establishment of secondary dwelling units (commonly known as “granny flats”) within single detached, semi-detached, duplex and townhouse dwellings or accessory buildings;
- Technical corrections/updates to zoning schedules concerning various properties throughout the Township;
- Updates to certain sections of the Zoning By-Law in order to address errors and/or improve wording.
- The following documents can be reviewed in advance of the public meeting:
Notice of Public Meeting
Proposed changes - Cannabis production facilities
Proposed changes – Secondary dwelling units
Secondary Units Information Sheet
Proposed changes – mapping updates
Proposed changes – Other
Please send any comments or concerns to email@example.com or call 613-534-8889 ext. 217
Zoning By-law Amendment (Z-2017-10) & Official Plan Amendment (OPA 33)
The Township of South Stormont will held a public meeting on October 30, 2017 at 6:00 PM at South Stormont Fire Station No. 4, 5205 Highway 138, St. Andrews West, ON, to consider a proposed Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment under the Planning Act. Prior to the public meeting, an open house was held from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM to provide details of applications for a Pit and Quarry Licence under the Aggregate Resources Act (ARA).
The Notice of Public Meeting and reports and studies related to the proposed amendments can be viewed by following the links below:
The Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendments have been appealed to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal. For more information and to review the current status of the appeal, please visit this site.